Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Magda's Toy Story Quiet Book

My two-year-old has recently become obsessed with Toy Story. She watches at least one Toy Story movie a day (sometimes two) and runs around at night proclaiming that she's Buzz Lightyear. So I was especially delighted when Magda (who made this incredible Christmas quiet book) made and sent me a Toy Story quiet book!

This book is awesome. It's so cute and so well made. The first page has a matching Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and three of the green little aliens. The second page is a dress-up Mr. Potato Head page. The third page is a "Pizza Planet" page, with pizza slices that have different numbers of pepperoni pieces for counting. That's followed by a piggy bank/color matching page. Finally, the last page has Lotso, with different trashcans and a trash truck for matching shapes.

I love this quiet book and wish I had one for my Toy-Story-obsessed little girl. It looks so fun!

Enjoy!


Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
My name is Magda. I'm Polish but currently living in China. I'm a stay-at-home mum of 2 kids.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they? 
The Toy Story Book was a birthday gift for a 3-year-old boy.

What's your level of sewing experience?
Although I've been sewing for a year now I still consider myself to be a beginner.

How long did it take you?
Each book for about 3 weeks. I sew mostly in the evenings for about 2-3 hours.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found? 
I used coloring pages as templates. I used jocelynandjason.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/mr-potato-head-quiet-book-pages-10-11.html for a potato head :)

How did you bind your quiet book? 
I sewed the pages together with embroidery floss.

What material are the pages made out of? 
Felt

What other materials did you use? 
Snaps, Velcro

How much did all the supplies cost you? 
Not sure. I had all the supplies at home.

What's your favorite page? Why? 
I really like Woody and Buzz and I am very happy with the pizza page.

Thank you so much for submitting your awesome book, Magda!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

3 comments:

  1. This is incredible. So much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish so badly I could have a pattern to this! I have no clue where I would even begin trying to figure it out on my own!

    ReplyDelete