Monday, October 1, 2012

Amber's Quiet Book

Hi everyone! Today's bright and happy quiet book comes to us from Amber at Vintage Ginger Peaches. I absolutely adore the cover she made for it; she chose such a bright and cheery fabric! I also think her chalkboard page is so original and cute, and her fish page looks so fun. Be sure to check out her design blog at Numbered Street Designs!



Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence.
My name is Amber. I am a stay-at-home mom and interior designer that loves to create and make beautiful spaces and things. 

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?
I made this quiet book for my daughter. She was about 18 months when I made it for her.

What's your level of sewing experience?
I would say I am at a medium level of sewing experience. I am pretty much self taught with some help from my mom. When I see something I like, I enjoy the challenge of figuring out how to make it myself. 

How long did it take you?

I worked on it for at least 5 or 6 hours a day (sometimes more) over the period of a week. It was A LOT of work.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found? 
The deer page came from here: Sweet Mama Duck: Quiet Book Revealed.
Four of the pages came from here: Serving Pink Lemonade: Quiet Book.


How did you bind your quiet book?
I bound my book using 1” metal rings and then made a cover inspired by this one:
Still Living: How to Make a Quiet Book Cover


What material are the pages made out of?
For the pages I used Pellon. It is a thick interfacing type material. I purchased mine at JoAnn’s.

What other materials did you use?
Here is a list of the materials I bought:
2 yards of thick Pellon, interfacing.
1 1/2 yards of fusible webbing
Several pieces of 9x12 felt in numerous colors. I bought 12 different colors, 1 of each color.
Velcro Dots
A zipper
Googly eyes
Fabric and button for cover
Magnets - I bought some super strong crafting ones at Walmart
Small Dowel
Binding Rings
Felt Letters

How much did all the supplies cost you?
Total with coupons I spent about $30.

What's your favorite page? Why?
My favorite page is the fishing page. I came up with the idea on my own, and my daughter loves it. Those magnetic fish can be pretty entertaining. 

To view Amber's quiet book on Vintage Ginger Peaches (with more details and explanation),  click here. To check out her awesome design blog, click here: Numbered Street Designs. Thank you, Amber, so much for sharing your awesome quiet book with us!



Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment